Twenty-six. Some of the students seem to think that age tremendously old and I suppose that at 11 and 12 it looked fairly old to me as well. I remember thinking Mr. Hausman was so old in eighth grade when he turned 29...hmm, funny how perspectives change in such a short amount of time.
While the rest of the world was reeling in shock over the events in Japan, I remained in the dark and content at Fraaiuitzicht farm. It was not until later in the day on Saturday that I heard the news and began to worry about my sister in S. Korea. My birthday on Saturday was a non-event; my favorite kind of birthday. I spent the day working cows from horseback with S.W., making a leather holder for my iPod and watching a film with the van der Merwe family. Tannie Hessie van der Merwe made me one of my favorite desserts, a grenadilla tart, mmmhmmm.
Sunday was church at Hobhouse where there is a little boy they call Mugabe after the infamous dictator in Zimbabwe. I suppose the reason is because he takes great delight in terrorizing the other children in church. Sunday afternoon and night I began to feel really congested and unfortunately it did not go away.
So, today was a sick Monday. I still was at school, it just felt like someone replaced my brains with concrete and my energy with lethargy. I am thankful that I was able to still come since one of our teachers is out and Mr. Philip Geise had to go to Bloemfontein for supplies. God is good. This week is busy. I am going with the other teachers on Thursday and Friday to a seminar in Bloem and then leaving immediately after for Cape Town to attend the wedding of Delani's father and I have to be back by Monday night. So, I'll let you know how it all goes; should be interesting. Cheers.
Hope you have a good weekend :)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry that you aren't feeling well.
ReplyDeleteHope you have fun at the wedding!
Glad your birthday was a pleasant one. I actually didnt know anything about the earthquake until later too. I was walking home from work and Robert told me about it. Then I realized that people on fb were worried about us! So Ilet them know we were fine. I love you and hope your trip goes safe and well. Give Delani an extra hug from me!
ReplyDelete