Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Today I...

I thought I would give everyone a little update on how things stand. Yes, I am still going to Africa. By this time I have sold, thrown out or given away about all that I am going to (except for three boxes outside my door yet to be dropped off). My room is looking empty, but on the bright side; rather clean. Tonight I begin packing on my cases, but stalling I am sitting here and typing instead.

Today was a busy day. I spent the morning with my parents; a luxury which I am soon to lose. We went to see my Dad's new flight training office in Fort Pierce and along the way we stopped and purchased my replacement camera since I had already sold the old one. Yes, the one that brought many pictures to facebook and made several photo books has just today been shipped to somewhere in Texas...God bless eBay! This afternoon I taught English 10 at the academy to complete requirements for a Clinical Educators certificate. Teaching cold turkey after a semester off with your former academic advisor in the back evaluating you is a bit of a fear inducing experience. I thought it went really well...then I saw the evaluation sheet. Let's just say there are a few areas to work on.

A lot has been changing in life. Last Saturday I said goodbye to my little sister and her husband as they left for South Korea. Sunday night I cried so hard my stomach hurt and my face muscles felt sore. Not a pretty sight and something I am not really used to, but I guess it had to come out sometime. I love my little sis and we always grew up close...the thought of her on the far side of the world was a little much to take in all at once, particularly when I am moving too. Oh well, enough sniffle stories.

It's packing time and I would much rather be upstairs talking to my parents, but this has to happen sometime and it may as well be now. I will hopefully be posting to the photo blog very soon. Africa pulls the photos out of me, it's rather involuntary. Thanks for all of you who read this and who will be reading my ramblings in Africa. Please keep in touch; it means the world when you're on the other side of it. Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. I miss you so much. Things have been so crazy these last few days that I have had little time of think of anything but my own adjustment to the new schedule :( It was wonderful to talk to you and see you the other night. I just got home a few minutes ago from school. Robert still has one more class. Its 6:30 pm. Lets just say these Korean's never quit!! I'm so excited for your move and then to come visit you. And you know, there's a spare room here in Korea with your name on the door. Please come visit the first chance you can. I realize finances will be tight but you are always welcome. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you kids and all this goodbye talk will be ruin.miss you already =(
    in other news: what camera did you get? you should know that your old bessie gave me my first taste of the slr world. and i thank you and her both.

    ReplyDelete