Since I last jotted down a few scattered thoughts, God has been working in my life and in the direction that He is taking me. I thought that perhaps this warranted an update. To be honest, I have wanted to update, but with camp on and my touch o' the Blarney stone, I tend to get home late after service, rather tired and no longer in the frame of mind necessary to blog. So, it is a beautiful, dripping February morning with air so think and moist that you nearly need a machete to hack your way from one building to the other; I'm inside and have a few moments so here it goes.
Blessing #1: I was able to sell quite a lot at the two yard sales that Jenny, Robert and I held. Although, to give credit where credit is due, they did most of the selling work and I am indebted. I am one of the world's worst salesmen and can talk myself down when the buyer would gladly pay more. So, my hat is off to them for helping me to part with some of my worldly goods and get a bit of money to help towards my move and future ministry as well as the ongoing expenses of life here.
Blessing #2: God provided me with work that took me down to Marathon Islands in the Keys every other day, it paid decent and it left me free to get more of my visa requirements done. I prayed for work and God answered in an abundance that I don't even have time to do; He takes care of His kids. As an added bonus, I got to drive across those bridges each morning and look out over a beautiful Caribbean scene at sunrise; it was breathtaking.
Blessing #3: I was praying that my tax return would bring some funds and had a figure in my mind that I thought would be nice (I don't do my own taxes so it's always a surprise). God provided a number that blew mine away several times and made me want to hug the first person I saw after I opened the envelope. That money will hopefully help towards a vehicle when I arrive in South Africa.
Blessing #4: Camp has been a blessing. If you are thinking of going to the mission field or if you are already slated to do so, there is no better crowd to commission you than the Seabreeze Camp crowd. I think many of them are more excited about the ministry than I confess I have been. Many have already told me that they will be praying and this is a wonderful knowledge.
There are many, many more blessings that I could recount, as I am sure all of us could. The greatest is the grace of God and the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ. Without that I would not even be writing these posts or stressing about moving to Africa. He is working on me and teaching more about Himself and I ask any of you who read this to pray for me in this end. I need to show Christ to those school children and I cannot do that well unless I truly know Him myself.
These thoughts are perhaps a bit disjointed and I have no doubt in my haste I have misspelled a word here or there or perhaps made an awkward sentence, but thank you for reading anyway. Those with accounts, feel free to comment or talk with me on here; the company will be lovely when I'm overseas. Also, if you would like to get a newsletter from me, please send me your email address or just a quick note to jehoward42@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you.
No comments:
Post a Comment