Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Change of Time

Delani and I are back from our vacation and we are settling into life...well, we would if we had a place to settle. This post is about our homelessness and what we are doing about it. We live in a lovely little apartment that is heavy on the little. It is located in what was a Catholic mission a few miles from town.



This is Delani in our living room-kitchen-dining room-study. Notice the amazing chocolate chip cookies that kept disappearing as I worked on our newsletter.

So, where does the homelessness come in? Well, we have to be out by the end of this month, namely Saturday and here is our Master bedroom where we are going.



We had the privilege of having my sister, Jenny and her husband, Robert, stay with us for a week after we came back from our honeymoon. We went and did some great stuff like eating at "The Cabin."





Including a great idea for a stove I'm going to use on the house involving wheel drums and scrap steel.



And better yet, the Farmhouse breakfast.



Then it was on to the house under a gorgeous, cold winter sky.



Ironically, for a post about the house, I have no photo of the outside of the house. Jen and Robert came to lend us a hand. Maybe I should give a little back story. I was originally going to try and build a small house on the farm, Fraaiuitzicht, where I am now living that would be available to HIM for ten years and then pass to the family...thus helping both of us. It seemed that wasn't God's plan and then, another house they have on their farm about 2 kilometers away, became available. It just needed a little work. So, we are refinishing floors covered for fifty years with carpet and we are painting walls. There are no cupboards or stove in the kitchen. Along with this come all the fun surprises that come with working in an old house.







Robert needed a little break.



Taking up the carpet is turning out to be quite a difficult work.



In addition, I have found that there is some serious rot in part of the floor. So, we have our work literally cut out for us.



Fortunately, since my sister and her husband went home, we have other friends coming like, Steve Geise.

We will keep you posted. If you want to help with this project, shoot me an email and I will try and fill you in better on what it is all about. It is actually a mission project and probably just a two year stop over for Delani and I. Keep us in your prayers. Any work we do must be done after we get out of school and drive the thirty minutes or more. This takes it's toll since nothing is close by here.

Stay tuned.






2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! :) Love you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderfully hard earned memories you're building with your new wife!

    ReplyDelete