Tomorrow, September 1st, marks the beginning of spring here in Southern Africa. It also marks the seventeenth anniversary of the birth of Joreth van der Merwe, but outside of Fraaiuitzicht, that has limited impact. Spring is definitely making an impact. The pink peach blossoms and white apricot blossoms are splashing color all over a still dull, brown landscape. Bees are busy with their God-given pollination duty and I look forward more every day to when those blossoms will become succulent fruit. This morning I happened to notice the blossoms in the early morning sun and decided to snap a picture quickly before getting into the car and heading to school. I will probably post more later on, but this is it for now.
Last night I tried to get a "head start" on spring and took a walk down to the fields barefoot. After pulling a few massive thorns out of my very soft, winter feet, I was beginning to wonder just how good of an idea it really was. I made it down to where SW was working on his crop irrigating system and I soon realized it was a not quite spring. The alfalfa that had just been sprayed was so cold my feet were hurting. When we headed back to the house, he had mercy on my stupidity and gave me his horse and he walked. I put my numb feet against the horse's warm belly and was able to warm them somewhat. I guess Winter still has a few kicks left in her.
This one is just for fun. An unimpressed Lala and my hat.
The pictures are beautiful. I have alot of those "well I thought it would be a good idea..." moments. Also, for whatever reason, the word "succulent" has always struck me funny. And the picture of the horse is great. Love it. Now, I think that about covers it all. Loved talking to you as always! :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pictures, and I love the horse :) Sounds like quite the adventure! One bad thing about GBS... no bare feet.
ReplyDelete