Life has been rewardingly hectic of late. That is my pathetic excuse for silence. In truth, I rarely even communicate with my immediate family these days; a fact which leaves me feeling one part lonely and one part guilty. I may perhaps try and catch up on what has happened in between, but if not I will quickly summarize it now for you:
1. The TLC team was here and brought with them some things I had left in the U.S.
2. Kristel Glick stayed behind from the team and joined Delani and myself in the Cape. It was a great time seeing the sights and just visiting with a college friend.
3. School has resumed and in the absence of S.W. I have taken up farming as well.
S.W. van der Merwe is a childhood friend and the son of the people on whose farm I now live. He is the one actually farming the land and he farms with beef cattle. He recently left to go to Zambia to join H.I.M. on their Bible distribution project and in the evenings someone still needs to look after his cattle and make sure fences, water lines, feed, etc. is all in order. That lot fell to me. I must say, I have never been more aware of my limitations in the farming department as now. When S.W. is here and I am helping him it all seems so easy and simple, but when he is away and a water line breaks or the electric fence gets a short, or the feed starts to run out; it doesn't seem quite so simple anymore. I have enjoyed it, however, and like the outdoor work after a day of just using my head. I will be glad when he can return later this week and take back the responsibility aspect.
Life is good here in Africa and God is teaching me many things. I will try and be more faithful and expounding on that, but then you have heard that before.
No comments:
Post a Comment