It is 4:22 am and I can't sleep. I just got back from the Keys and I have to be up at 6 am to get ready for our yard sale and I can't sleep. Visions of packing and tickets and visas and funds (or the lack) are dancing like sugarplums in my head. I sometimes see how it will all play out and then at other times I can't see anything.
I took Ty (my nephew) with me tonight down to the Keys and we had fun just chatting and laughing together. On the way down, when we were already on the islands, we put the sun roof back and stared (I did watch the road intermittently) through the hole in the ceiling of the car at a vast, inky black field of lights. Immense globes of flame, dancing and singing praises to the Creator. It is wonderful to find yourself in a place, like that, surrounded by ocean and so few lights that the stars just seem to come from everywhere. You realize just how small you are and in that moment you are in your proper place; in absolute awe of the infinite God.
I am sure that even those who would call themselves atheists, look at a sky like that and feel that same awe, only their troubled mind lacks a definition for it.
So, in the morning I will place some of my belongings on a borrowed table and submit it to a thousand scrutinies by complete strangers. Perhaps some will find themselves unable to live without it and should that happen enough times; maybe, just maybe I'll leave my room a little emptier than I find it right now.
Well, I guess that's all I have to say really. God has been good to me, but then again, that's nothing new. He always has been. Goodnight, or perhaps I should say, good morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment