I often wish I had my camera with me. Shortly after those moments pass, I am almost glad I didn't have it because I realize that I could have never really captured what just happened and I would have been more disappointed by the failure, than I am by not having the camera. So, I think this was one of those times.
It is Christmas Eve. A short while ago I decided to take a walk to clear my head, feel the wind, enjoy the night. My dad was flying, my mom was working and my siblings not around.
I'm on the return trip and I'm passing the lights, the people inside the windows with Christmas outfits, food and gifts. As I'm walking by this one house, a little girl is walking out; a Christmas dress on, hair done up pretty. A car is coming and out of obvious concern for my well-being, she stretches out her hand, palm out and tells me in her undeveloped speech to watch out for the car. It sounds stupid writing it here. There is certainly nothing magical about it in the narrative version, but in the Christmas Eve night wind, it was one of those moments that stick with you and tell you once again..."of such is the kingdom of Heaven."
Merry Christmas. I pray by tomorrow that a story will be on here...I don't really know who even reads this anymore. Perhaps I just need to get my thoughts into the void somehow. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment