1. I go to bed (on a good night) about 8 or 9.
2. I get up at about 5 to 5:15 am and take a shower.
3. The shower is the tricky part (I'll spare any graphic details) because the house temperature feels like -6 (probably 40) so you don't want to dilly-dally in your undressing procedures. Before any disrobing is involved you want to make sure the hot water is flowing in the shower (this is if it hasn't frozen in the pipes the night before). Then once the shower is over, you want to be very careful to maintain the steam heat within the shower doors, so you must execute a quick door opening-towel snatching-door closing maneuver before too much heat escapes. If you step out into the cold still wet and dry off there, you're either new or one of those crazy ice swimming Norwegians.
4. Breakfast is fun...I always enjoy eating and Tannie Hessie tends to feed me like a hard working lumberjack.
5. The drive to school is usually breathtaking-this morning it was for other reasons. On the farm roads the go cart (it is the tiniest pickup you have ever laid eyes on) I was driving began to make a terrible racket. I was sure it was something terribly expensive, but fortunately, it was just the rack for the spare tire. A quick bungee wrap up and all was well again. The nice thing about the truck is that if my knee itches when I'm driving I can just get it with my chin.
6. School is great. The kids help me to be a kid again. Many times through out the day I feel like I'm not keeping up with everything the way I should, but I'm hoping that once I get fully acclimated to the system, it will run smoothly.
7. The highlight of the day is break time where they con me into playing tag which I usually get so caught up in that we go back to school late...I think they plan it that way.
8. Afternoons are always magical on the farm. Coffee, relaxation...no wait.
9. The afternoons are now for homework. I'm doing a course on World Literature, Sacred Literature and one on Shakespeare. They all must be done by December, so I no longer get to relax in the afternoon...although I have been. So starting today I will work harder.
10. Sleep, aahh, blessed sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment